Camping can be an excellent way to de-stress and escape from the mundane monotony of daily urban life. New Zealand, with its many natural charms, mostly salubrious climate and hospitable people can be an idyllic getaway destination for the weary city dweller. However, one must be well-prepared when one decides to go hiking, fishing, camping or tramping in the NZ wilderness, as not having the right equipment for any contingency can quickly turn one’s exciting holiday into a nightmarish ordeal.
This post argues that a Leatherman in NZ is one of the most crucial pieces of camping gear one can invest in while heading out into the great outdoors. Please read on to find out why.
Why a Leatherman is Worth Your Money
- Handy tool to set up camp with: Setting up camp can be a laborious exercise. From hoisting up tents and erecting kitchen gazebos to inflating air beds and installing portable toilets, there are a lot of tasks involved in ensuring one has a smooth and pleasant camping trip. Therefore, always having a multi-tool like a Leatherman on hand, can make camping chores quick and a camper’s life much easier. Whether a camper needs a pair of scissors to cut some rope with, or one requires a knife to carve a marshmallow roasting stick, or maybe someone needs something to fix pegs into the ground or pull them out, a Leatherman in NZ can perform all these tasks and more!
- Faithful kitchen aid: Need to open a can of soup, or dying to quench your thirst with a cold beer? No problem! There are numerous models of Leatherman multi-tools available on the NZ market and almost all of them come with attached bottle openers and some even come fitted with can openers as well! Whether one needs to slice fruits for breakfast, dice vegetables for lunch or chop meat for dinner, almost all multi-tools from Leatherman in NZ, come with knives of various shapes and sizes, thus proving to be an indispensable kitchen companion.
- Compact and lightweight design: The USP of a multi-tool is that it is made up of a collection of useful tools all attached together so that a camper does not have to hunt around for, separately invest in and carry around multiple different individual tools on a camping expedition. A Leatherman multi-tool, even though it includes more than a dozen unique instruments and tools, weighs no more than 227 grams and some models weigh even less than that. Therefore, because of its small size and lightweight nature, a Leatherman multi-tool can be carried around anywhere and everywhere, in one’s pocket, belt bag, waistband or even fastened to one’s keychain!
- Helps with gear failure: Nothing in this world is infallible, and camping gear are certainly far from being perfect. No matter whether they are brand new or they were purchased in the past but stored properly and found to be in working condition prior to leaving for the camping trip, camping gear are prone to malfunctioning and wear and tear. When camping gear give way, a Leatherman multi-tool can come to one’s rescue. More than 30 models of Leatherman multi-tools come outfitted with pliers while more than 24 models come with at least one screwdriver included. Thus, whether a zipper breaks or one gets a flat tyre, or maybe one needs to tighten a loosening bolt, a Leatherman in NZ can offer a temporary fix.
- Sturdy and durable: Every Leatherman in NZ is manufactured in Portland, Oregon in the United States of America using superior quality stainless steel which is also resistant to corrosion. This ensures that knife blades stay razor-sharp for a very long time and other tool heads do not experience chips and dents and thus, stay in working order for years on end. With proper handling and care, a Leatherman multi-tool can often outlast its owner. Even so, all Leatherman tools in NZ come backed by a 25-year warranty.
- Useful to make DIY fishing gear: Lost your fishing rod to the river but still need to catch dinner? Not an issue! You just need to find a piece of wire, a length of string and a suitably-sized branch and you can very easily make your very own handmade, artisanal fishing rod! Use the pliers in your Leatherman to cut and bend the wire into a hook, use the file to sharpen it, use the scissors included with your multi-tool to cut the string, finally, make use of the Leatherman multi-tool knives to carve and give shape to your rod and voila- you have made a functional fishing rod with your own two hands! Now all you have to do is just wait patiently for a bite!
Going out on a camping adventure through the wilderness requires one to be prepared for any eventuality. A multifunctional Leatherman in NZ can give a camper confidence and peace of mind knowing that he/she has a durable and dependable piece of camping gear that will prove to be useful in almost any situation. Whether one needs to remove thorns and splinters or one needs to start a fire or send an SOS signal, a Leatherman multi-tool with its tweezer, fire-starter, whistle and numerous other tools, can save the day.